Tid Bit from Holstee Manifesto..

"This is your LIFE. Do what you love, and do it often. If you don't like something, change it.
If you are looking for the love of your life, STOP; They will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love.
Ask the next person you see what their passion is, and share your inspiring dream with them.
Travel Often, Getting lost will help you find yourself. Some opportunities only come once, seize them. Life is about the people you meet, and the things you create with them. So go out and start creating!"

Life is SHORT, Live your DREAM, and wear your PASSION.
-(little blurb from Holstee Manifest)

Friday, April 15, 2011

Ecuador here I come!

Well I still have two previous posts I still need to make about Aspen and Mountaineering, but I'm going to cut to the chase and do this before those!


So tomorrow I leave for Ecuador. I made this trip really at spur of the moment. I knew though the minute I got laid off that I wanted to go somewhere. I looked at all my options and the costs of each option and found this to be the best! I seek adventure, thrills, and new places! As most of you know I am addicted to traveling and just immersing myself in other cultures and things.

I can't tell you how excited I am to have this opportunity to take this trip. I am not going to take it for granted and I am going to try and share my adventure with everyone through this blog if I have time to update and a computer. Otherwise I will do a lot when I get back.

The plan right now is I leave April 16th for Quito, Ecuador. From there I head out to start climbing some mountains. The first climb is Pasochea at 4199m, then Ilinizas at 5126m, then Cotopaxi at 5897,, and finally Chimborazo at 6310m. If you don't know the conversion, just know they are all over 14,000ft with Coto over 19 and Chimbo over 20. So the only thing I'm worried about is Altitude since no matter how good of shape you are in you have no idea how your body is going to react to it. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be fine and the weather holds out. If the weather isn't good there goes any chance of summitting, but I'd rather come back in one piece then come a piece of the mountain!



After the 7 days of climbing, I head over to the Galapagos islands for 7 days of hiking, biking, and diving. More relaxing and amazing weather! I get home on May 2nd. So that is the jist of it now. I would write more, but my list of things to do before I leave tomorrow is pretty high so I"m off to get things done and maybe go buy an IPAD..hmmmm!

Keep in touch and feel free to email me at metcalf24@gmail.com while I'm gone. I'll miss everyone A LOT!!

Mumford and Sons..

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the trip, Stef! I'm very impressed with your drive to climb these huge mountains and I truly hope the weather is good for you. Stay safe (loved your line about not becoming part of the mountain) and take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete