Tid Bit from Holstee Manifesto..

"This is your LIFE. Do what you love, and do it often. If you don't like something, change it.
If you are looking for the love of your life, STOP; They will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love.
Ask the next person you see what their passion is, and share your inspiring dream with them.
Travel Often, Getting lost will help you find yourself. Some opportunities only come once, seize them. Life is about the people you meet, and the things you create with them. So go out and start creating!"

Life is SHORT, Live your DREAM, and wear your PASSION.
-(little blurb from Holstee Manifest)

Friday, April 15, 2011

Road Trip from Scottsdale to VEGAS!!

This trip was a spur of a moment with my friend Deanna and I. Since I was laid off I had some extra time to do what I wanted. And since Deanna and I were already going to Arizona, we thought we mine as well extend it since I don't have to work and she was on Spring Break, hence Road Trip 2011 idea came about in my head.

I had never been to the Grand Canyon, yet I have been to Arizona 3,592 times it seems like. So I thought this would be the perfect time for me to check it out along with taking a stop in Sedona on the way. Well when we looked at one way place tickets from PHX, they were super expensive. So then I get my second idea of ending up our trip in Vegas! Plane tickets were half as much and I get free hotel stays so BAM!

We started the trip with 2 nights in Scottsdale. And we made the most of them, but doing some shopping, hanging out in the sun, going to a BBQ festival and of course eating some awesome food. We went to a place called Herb Box in Old Town Scottsdale, service was alright, but they made up for it with the good food and atmosphere. That night we went out with two of our friends Allison and her husband Jeff to a Tea and Champagne place and then to Prime in Kierland area. Awesome cover band and just all together a good time. Deanna and I then ended up at the 'W' in Old town Scottsdale to check out Kelley James, he was playing there and my friend was playing in the bad with him. Little did I know how crazy that place is. We had to wait to get into a freaking hotel and it was a very modern and party hotel. The whole area was. We had a ton of fun meeting people and getting to say hi to Kelley and my friend Drew. Though getting home at 3am puts the toll on you and our driving started the next day.

We packed up the car and headed to Sedona for the first day. Deanna found a super cute hotel right in town and we spent the day walking around, shopping, and scoping out where we wanted to eat. We picked the local brewery so we could try their beers and their beer was pretty good too! The next day we visited the Slide Rock Park, which was awesome! Its a natural water slide through rocks along with doing a great hike through all the red rocks. Though time was getting near and we started our drive to the Grand Canyon that evening.

Grand Canyon was great and even better that I got Deanna to hike a little bit. Though the Grand Canyon is what it is. A Canyon! We took pictures and to be honest we were ready to go after a half day hiking and walking around. I would love to go back and raft and camp down in the canyon and will put that on my list of things to do for sure!

And then the trek to Vegas began! The drive was amazing! And we got to stop at the Hoover Dam to check out the brand new bridge there that had just been finished!

We finally arrived in Vegas and checked into the Monte Carlo! The drive wasn't bad at all and really enjoyable when you have your best friend and great music to jam to the whole way! That night we went bar hopped from Monte Carlo to Bellagio so we could hit up Yellowtail and get some drinks and visit Seth who was working that night. We of course made friends with the bartenders also and after 3 HUGE glasses of wine and not really eating much I was feeling great. Deanna had a friend that was there too that came and met up with us and hung out for a little bit too. Seth and a buddy were heading out for all you can eat sushi and I wasn't going to say no to that. Deanna on the other hand hates Sushi so she hung with her friends as we went out. We went to a place off the strip and I ate myself silly with everytype of Sushi you can think of. I think we were there until past 2am!

The next day was purely a relaxtion day. I gambled (and WON), hung at the pool, went shopping, and did some people watching outside of Diablo's at our hotel. WOW, the people that you see in Vegas! We decided that night we were going to have a nice dinner too since we really hadn't splurged too much and Deanna was leaving super duper early the next morning. We ended up choosing Olives in the Bellagio! And it was well worth it, I got a Grilled Bison Sirloin and yum yum! Love how well I can eat when I go to Vegas. I miss really good food here in the Springs, but I don't think my wallet does. :-) After we ate way to much we headed back to Yellowtail for some drinks. Deanna was on a mission to find out how she could make a pink drink for a Bacherlette party she was hosting and Luciano, the bartender there, was on a mission to make one for her. I think he made about 10 different martinis and they were all SOO good! She got some great recommendations and it was a really fun night.


Next day was departing day! I couldn't believe how fast it went by!! I dropped Deanna off at the airport at 5am and then went right back to bed. My flight didn't leave until 3 so Seth offered to show my around Red Rock Canyon and then grab some lunch. Red Rock Canyon is amazing! If you haven't been there and enjoy the outdoors, this is a must! I for sure am going to go back and do some rock climbing and trail running there. I had no idea how awesome that place was!!
After working up an appetite we headed to an Italian place not that far away from Red Rocks in Summerlin. It was called Due Forni and was super good! Then it was time to say my goodbye and head to the airport :-(

Such a great trip! Was happy to be able to spend some time with Deanna and catch up with her since living 1,000 miles apart we don't get to see each other that much. All in all a relaxing and enjoyable trip that I couldn't have done if I was employed! haha. Next up is Aspen, followed by my mountaineering trip, and then Ecuador! AHHH

No comments:

Post a Comment